Friday, June 3, 2011

Blog love, improved studio space and a little Deception

I'm looking forward to a very productive June in the studio! I spent part of this past weekend rearranging my workspace, which is located in the attic. This essentially meant strategically moving a gazillion storage boxes, musical instruments, a bike, the two aquariums that our enormous goldfish have outgrown and other typical stuff you might find in an attic. In the end (when the dust cleared) I found that I had created quite a nice little, yet more spacious and uncluttered, space to design, daydream and of course work within.


This weekend my work and other talented Seattle artists were featured on an awesome blog by Alex of Skyejuice. I'm very interested to see what other great finds Alex discovers out there in her virtual travels.

We road tripped on Saturday with the intent to find whales to spy from land or ferry as the orca pods have returned to this area as have some gray whales. Ferries had ridiculously backed-up lines so we opted instead to just drive north and explore Deception Pass State Park. Along with non-manmade breathtaking beauty we encountered this very well detailed 24 ft tall wood carved sculpture by Powell Studios

The Maiden

I loved all the textures and details of this sculpture, including tiny fish and sea shells trapped within her robe.








The legend of the Maiden can be read here:  The Maiden of Deception Pass.  It was a beautiful day and yet again I was reminded of how much I love Washington!



Path to the edge of the world

I'm so looking forward to more explorations this summer and of course, spending a lot of time up in the studio!


No comments:

Post a Comment